- Sweep, dust mop, or vacuum regularly using the wand attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Clean your hardwood floor occasionally using a mop or Bona products.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture tracked into your home.
- Keep animal nails trimmed to prevent scratches.
- Use protectors on furniture legs to reduce indentations.
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight.
- DON’T wear shoes with spike heels or heel taps on your hardwood floor. Remove shoes at the door to avoid potentially dragging in sharp objects in your shoe treads.
- DON’T use: ammonia-based cleaners, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soaps, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials like vinegar.